




This is the awesomeness. This is the fun-ness. This is the amazing-ness. This is the color festival! We got together a group of friends and headed out to the Hare Krishna temple for the Holly festival (a Hindu welcoming of spring). Its the second year in a row we've done it and we seriously love it! You drive to the temple and it's about 2 miles of cars so you've got quite a walk, but then you go up to the temple to buy bags of colored powdered chalk. They burn an effigy of a witch that symbolizes winter and then the color fight begins! Next year we are going to smarten up and bring masks cause you can't breathe for a solid 20 minutes as an estimated 25,000 people (beating last years 15,000 people) through chalk everywhere. Then they have live hindu music playing and it's like a mosh pit. Matt and I even went croud surfing!! It was seriously a ton of fun. Our friend brought their camera so I stole these pictures off their blog to show to you guys. Our whole group dressed in white and we had a ball then went home and showered and had a bbq in matt's parents back yard. It was a crazy day but way fun! WOOHOO! GO HARE KRISHNA!
3 comments:
My goodness! 25,000 people? I wonder where they get all that chalk! Funny pictures! Looks like fun friends. And great to see you and Matt. Kat, I'm loving your brown hair these days. That's the Kat I used to know. :) Although, you were a great blonde too!
Way to be so cultural. We just recently watched a movie that had that celebration in there. What are the odds? Fun stuff.
Just show "Hare Krisna" doesn't turn into "Harey Karey" (sp?) Crazy! I see you've influenced Elisha and John!!!
Post a Comment