Sunday, October 14, 2007

This blog is proving I am definitely a slow learner. I had to wait until Dad was back from Utah to remember me what our name and password was! I'm so grateful he was willing to go up and help Katherine for a few days. Hopefully he'll find time to report on his trip later today. I sure did miss him. Grandma and Grandpa are just fine. Today Grandpa stayed home with Grandma during our meetings because Mark and Jeff went to Kingman to hear Brandon speak in their stake conference.
Our gospel doctrine lesson was to help us think of ways we can be more like Paul the Apostle in terms of having courage and faith to witness of Jesus Christ. It is so hopeful to me to note that although Paul was a strong leader AGAINST the truth and Christianity for some time during his life, God knew his heart and his potential and called him to minister for him. As you'll recall, Paul and his friends were on their way to Damascus to pursecute Christians when Jesus appeared to him and spoke with him. Paul's first reponse after seeing the Lord was "What shall I do Lord?" When he was told, he immediately went and did it. He thereafter was the Lord's faithful servant amid many trials and persecutions--scourgings many, shipwreck, hunger, extreme fatigue, false imprisonment, and finally unjustified death at the hands of the enemies of righteousness. He showed great courage and determination to bear witness of Christ throughout his life. I hope I can be a better instrument in the Lord's hands, and that I will witness of the Savior in my daily walk and talk, and in the callings I am priviledged to have.
I am so grateful for this present calling of teaching from the New Testament. It has helped me love my fellowmen and our Savior better. I love the Lord, Jesus Christ more because I have studied about Him. I love the people in our class. They are better than I am in many ways. I learn so much and hope some of it is translating into more Christ-like behavior in me.
I know that God lives, that Jesus Christ is our personal Savior who took upon himself all our sins, disappointments, sorrows so he can perfectly encourage us and lift us and help us, no matter what we encounter in this life. I am happiest when I am doing my best to follow His example. I know that He will help all of us as we continue to ask, "Lord what shall I do?" and then proceed. He will support us in our efforts to do good. He wants what Dad and I want: for us to be a forever family, and help each other fulfill our destinies on earth, and live with Him eternally.
Have a great week. We remember each of you in our prayers morning, noon and night. How we love you! Mom (and Dad)

No comments: