Hey everyone! This is my first time posting a blog and I'm really excited. I love reading all about whats happening in everyones lives! Great job Kevin for finding out about this.
So most of you have heard that things are really crazy and hard for me right now. Two weeks ago I found out that BYU was changing its nursing program prerequesits, and because of how they are changing it I will no longer be able to go through it here. I can still pursue nursing, but it would have to be at a different college. Or I am researching other fields to graduate in, trying to find out where the Lord wants me.
On top of that, I broke up with Matt after almost six months of dating. Ouch. He really is an amazing and great guy, he's just not MY guy. I'll keep looking. After a while.
I have not been feeling well for quite a while. I thought maybe it was depression with all the bad things happening, but I wasn't sure. Mom and Dad can testify that there have been many, many calls home and worry and tears and prayers. It has been so hard for me. Finally, I went into the doctor and found out that it wasn't all in my head, I have Mono. Not that thats really a step up, but it was nice to know what was going on. I have been struggling to keep up with school, what with being tired and sick all the time, so I have made the decision to drop 2 classes in hopes of doing well with a lighter load.
This has really been the hardest time of my life so far. It is the first time that I have had to deal with real depression and sadness and very hard decisions while living on my own. You all know how I love to be happy, to be social, and to be busy-- It has been hard to be able to do none of that. But I am amazed to see that even though I moved away from home, I have never relied on my family more. And you all have risen to the occasion amazingly! I truly, truly have been lifted up by you all when I felt like I was at rock bottom. Between phone calls and letters and packages and messages and amazing cards, you have really given me strength when my own strength is failing me. I cannot possibly express how much it means to me to see that when I'm falling I have such an amazing family to catch me. Em, Kris- the things you have sent meant the world to me. Mom, Dad- how can I ever thank you enough for all you've done? Everyone- thank you for the phone calls and letters of love and support! I love you all.
I know that right now is hard for me. But I also know it will get better. The Spirit lets me know every time I'm on my knees. I know I'm not alone. I'm so glad to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me. It's hard now- but I'll be able to look back on this someday and see the lessons I needed to learn, and see how this takes me further down the road to where Heavenly Father wants me to be. This isn't going to beat me. I've only hit a bump in the road. I'm going to make it through this and become stronger and a better person. I refuse to let it get the best of me! Rascal Flatts in their song "Stand" describes it perfectly:
You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright. You'll be alright.
Cause when push come to shove
You taste what your made of.
You might bend till you break
Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong,
Wipe your hands, shake it off,
Then you stand. THEN you stand.
Every time you get up
And get back in the race
One more strong peice of you
Starts to fall into place...
I love you all. Thank you for being the examples to help me through this. All of the members of the Johnson family have made it through hard times, and have become amazing people. It seems everyone in out family has a story of a turning point, a dark time, and the struggle that makes them strong. Now its my turn to show I'm a Johnson and will come out on top. So watch out world... I'm taking you by storm.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Toots, good job on the post. Thanks for sharing. I hope things start to look up for you soon. Love you.
Thanks so much for posting! And for sharing your faith. I'm glad to know that you are thinking of your struggles as a way to become stronger. They will if you let them. You're awesome. Lots of love.
Em
Great to hear from you Kat. Hope things get better soon. Great post. Keep the faith and keep up the good work.
Post a Comment