I think the national park land owners named that park on purpose knowing the position us Kirksvillians would be in out here with know where else to go. With the word 'Thousand' in the title it might represent the number of times that we would visit it during the years here. I'm just glad we don't have to pay. Nice move on there part because a fee would kill the cleverness of putting 'Thousand' in the title to me anyway. We went on a hike the other day there. Kevin happily blazed the trail through the spider webs that were strung across our path. I counted myself lucky because by the end those tiny threads of web might as well could have been vines dangling from the thick underbrush of a jungle because not knowing our adventure for the day I had taken great strides in my working out and may have overdone it just one hour prior to departure to the park. No worries I made it but at the time I did wonder why I did that extra set of lunges.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Thousand Hills Park (again)
I think the national park land owners named that park on purpose knowing the position us Kirksvillians would be in out here with know where else to go. With the word 'Thousand' in the title it might represent the number of times that we would visit it during the years here. I'm just glad we don't have to pay. Nice move on there part because a fee would kill the cleverness of putting 'Thousand' in the title to me anyway. We went on a hike the other day there. Kevin happily blazed the trail through the spider webs that were strung across our path. I counted myself lucky because by the end those tiny threads of web might as well could have been vines dangling from the thick underbrush of a jungle because not knowing our adventure for the day I had taken great strides in my working out and may have overdone it just one hour prior to departure to the park. No worries I made it but at the time I did wonder why I did that extra set of lunges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment