Friday, October 24, 2008

The Great Lake State


We just found out where we are going to be spending at least the next two years of our life. It was a nerve wracking few days filled with horror stories from some and reassurance from other who had gone through the 'match' before. In short, we submit our top 6 places that we would like to go and a computer randomly matches you with one of them. The school tries really hard to match you with one of your top three and this year 92% got matched in one of their top three so out of 170 students about 18 didn't get that. We were one of the lucky ones and got our number one....Grand Blanc Michigan. (you say Blanc as if there was a k at the end-blank) Kevin's brother is doing his residency at the same hospital-Genesys (I inserted a picture of the hopital). They will be there for two years so it will be nice to have some family. I am really excited to be by them, they are super fun. But I have inserted a website of the city of Grand Blanc for anyone interested in checking it out, like the population and city highlights: http://www.cityofgrandblanc.com/

Also here is a website of the hospital that Kevin will be spending most of his time at:
http://www.genesys.org/GRMCWeb.nsf/0/CD4F68D332158CB68525718E005E1555

Here is an awesome site of virtual tours of the hospital:
http://www.genesys.org/GRMCweb.nsf/0/3866A1B97524EE858525729D005E2032?open

We have been to Grand Blanc twice to visit Brandon and Abby and have seen the 'lay of the land' and like it. Kevin has been on a tour of the Chevrolet plants which is a big employer there, I have experienced the sweet malls in the area. We are just excited to be in a city again, not that Kirksville hasn't been awesome for us. So there you go, the introduction of the next chapter in the Welker household! Ugh, I have to look for another house again, Mom how did you do it over and over again? Not my most favorite activity but at least I have T-man to help chose out his favorite. :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats on getting your first pick! I am glad you will have some family around up there in Michigan. We are very excited for the opportunity it is! Em

Kitty-Kat said...

Sweet!! I'm glad you guys got your first pick i'm stoked for you! Congrats and love you both!