Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Weekend Holiday

I get so excited about conference weekend that it almost feels like a holiday. Kevin had the weekend off of studying and so we decided to have a little fun. Saturday morning Kevin went shooting with some friends and the YM from our ward while Thomas and I went to a parade with some friends. Then we ATTEMPTED to watch some conference The parts I heard were good when not interrupted by some very important babbling interference. Next it was errands to get ready for some girls to come over that evening while Kevin went out to eat and to Priesthood. We had lots of people in our little front room and little kids as far as the eye could see. We were pretty busy enjoying the weather, playing catch, and evening squeezing 30 min. of a double overtime Truman State University football game in there. All this action has totally worn little guy out and I have to go watch as much of the last session as I can while he sleeps. Enjoy! What a blessed weekend. I love conference.









3 comments:

Matt said...

Nice pictures. Thomas seems to be growing fast. Good to see Kevin gets out of the library every once in a while to have some fun.

Emily said...

Thomas is getting taller and looking more like a little boy instead of all baby. Tiny, I had girls over too! What a tradition we've carried from our dear mom and us girls always getting together this time of conference. You definately topped us in numbers though. :) Mom, I was thinking of you and Jenny and Lindsay. Sounds like a great weekend. I love conference too. And this one seemed particularly great. (It always does. :) hee-hee)

Becca said...

Oh, to be outside...hmmmmmm? We tried to play outside today but it is still like 97 degrees, so it didn't last long! Chad always ends up working during the priesthood session so I've never done much, but your idea sounds fun...the more the merrier I think :) Love ya cuz!