Sunday, May 17, 2009

New Haven Trip



Thomas and I just got back from visiting Emily, Geoff, and Audrey and Grandma Johnson. I am back to the real world and ready to be a wife, mom, house maid, cook, and all around busybody again. Yes, I had the after vacation blues but Kevin helped me take a vacation from my vacation the last four days and so now I'm ready to get to work. We only have 4 more weeks until we move so I'd better get to it.

I don't think we could have fit in another fun activity with the time we had. It was exhausting fun! T-man even slept through the night. He had no chance because of all the running around and exciting stuff we did. We got to tour Yale Campus which was really pretty, and fun to hear the inside scoop of one of the Ive League schools. We got to go to Boston and do some major site seeing. We saw the place where Paul Revere lite the lantern to signal the British were coming, "old ironside" the oldest ship in commision on the sea, gravesites of some of our founding fathers, old churches, and the grandeur of Boston. The traffic there was insaine and quite a thrill to drive in. There are pleanty of really pretty parks where Emily lives and the kids got to run around alot. We ate a ton thanks to Emily. On Monday Em, Geoff, Sponge, and me got to go to New York City without the babies because Grandma Johnson so graciously stayed to babysit ALL DAY! That was the longest I'd been away from Thomas and it was fund to come back and see his face when he saw me coming in. In New York we went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, the Empire state building, ground zero, and Times Square. I feel more american now that I've seen Lady Liberty in person. Part of the fun in NY is all the people and the big buildings that are all around you. Thanks grandma for doing that for us. We can't thank you enough. Another fun thing we did was the Peabody museum. Thomas loved the Dinosaurs so much he was running around pointing and grunting at everything and wouldn't stop. Also in Boston we went to the Childrens museum. It took all evening and the kids had a blast. I was quite impressed myself especially because it only cost a $1 to get in. We planned it just right. The last day we got to go to Lighthouse Point which is a really pretty beach and let Thomas touch the ocean for the first time. I thought he would be afraid but he loved it and didn't want to leave. Emily was a perfect host and entertainer. Thanks so much for letting us come and see you. I will remember this trip forever.

2 comments:

Becka said...

WOW, what an awesome trip! You guys did everything! I'm glad you sweet moms had that special time together. You are missed here. sniff... sniff...

Emily said...

I really love watching this! Thanks again for coming out here. We had a wonderful, memorable time.