Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kyrie is here!







Hey family! I'm sorry this took so long to get up. We don't have a cord for our camera to hook up to our computer yet (we will be getting one shortly!!) but these are some pictures that Betty took and emailed to her family so I'm just reposting so we can share her with you!! She is the best baby ever. Kyrie is so sweet! She eats and sleeps VERY well. I hardly hear a peep out of her. I've had mom here helping me and its been great. Mom has been so sweet and helpful. She helps burp and change the baby, cooks meals, cleans the house, runs errands, it's AMAZING. It's been giving me the opportunity to spend time recovering and getting to know my sweet baby girl. Matt has been absolutely loving being a daddy. He has so much fun holding her and just hanging around her. So overall things are great!! I'm really sad mom leaves tomorrow (it's a little scary to not have her there for all the little questions that come up) but just glad that everything is going so well.



So a quick recap, I started having contractions sunday night and all day Mon last week. We went to the hospital at 1am Tues morning but were sent home because while my contractions were steady and close together (about 4-5 minutes apart) my cervix wasn't changing so we headed back home around 3am. At 330am (just our luck) my water broke. My contractions started being about constant, but I really didn't want to make the trip again unless we were absolutely sure it was the real thing, so I toughed it out as long as I could and we headed into the hospital about 7am. The anesthesiologist was busy so I wasn't able to get my epidural for about an hour and a half, which was terrible because my contractions were 2 min apart and 1 1/2 minutes long, which wasn't giving my body any time to relax. But as soon as I got the epidural I was able to relax and sleep and my body started dialating a LOT faster. Kyrie was born at 2:46 after a little under half an hour of pushing! Over all it was a crazy, scary, wonderful experience. Anyone who has gone through that knows how thin the veil is, and that even though it is painful it is one of the most spiritual experiences there is!! We are so happy to be blessed with Kyrie, and have this wonderful experience to be parents. We love you all!! and more pictures are coming, I swear!



2 comments:

Kristine said...

Congrats. Kat she is beautiful just like you. I'm glad to hear things are going good. Talk to you soon little sis. How exciting.

Angie said...

Congratulations Kat and Matt! She is such a cute little girl! I'm so glad everything went well, even though being in labor a long time is no fun! But it's definitely worth it, right?!