Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Best Family Ever!

A little dark but I sure am glad that I took this picture.  This is just after Grandpa Great participated in the blessing of Nates newest baby.  It was a special moment with lots of family and friends there.  This was probably the highlight of the AZ trip.  We had such a fun time, it was great to see so many, and can't wait to visit again.




Rocking the sand pit at the Greenfield Preserve

Cute pic of lots of little hind ends
We tried to go to the zoo but weather kept us indoors and we ended up at the Children's museum.  It was a BLAST.  I loved it.  We could have stayed longer but naps needed to happen before meltdowns ensued

The two newest additions.  They were entertaining each other on the couch.  Who needs mom's right?
What a treasure it was to spend some time with Great Grandpa.  I love his smile.  He was a great man.  I am grateful for his heritage that he left behind.
Charlotte really liked making noise at Grandma's house and it wasn't just screaming.  Her favorite toy was probably this cute drum.

Ummmm great picture it really captures their true character......crazy and fun.

Mac and Cheese a childhood favorite of mine.  I remember the boys always saying mine was the best, and I knew they said it just so they wouldn't have to make it, but it made me feel special anyways, like I was doing them a favor. 
Precious picture

Haming it up with Gracie.  She is such a good little sweetie and I'm sure they'll be great friends.  Emily is just the best mom!

Seriously so cute!  I hope they enjoy all their cousins like I did mine. 

Thomas was severely outnumbered by girls but joined in playing dolls, painting toenails, and putting on make-up.  Although the make-up I put on him was the football make-up under his eyes. 

Em says Grandpa and Grace had a special relationship and I could see it.  Not playing favorites or anything I know but maybe it was because Grandma loved babies so much?!

It was so good to see Mayley this trip,  being the oldest niece rocks because she was able to make it to our girls night out this time.  We ate Chicken Marsala's made by mom (DEEElicious!) with a yummy salad and homemade bread.  Then we made soaps.  Martha Stewart had nothing on us.  Then we had a conversation that will not be disclosed at this time but it involved laughing until our sides hurt and I'm pretty sure there were some tears from laughing so hard.
Being pampered!

There is no taking it easy when there is so much fun to be had.  Grandpa made Thomas' day by pulling him around next to the horses.  He loves tractors.

Good times at the Johnson house.  Notice the sweater, yeah the weather was all over the place the whole time I was there from sweaters to needing to be in the swimming pool.  Which we totally did some of that action.  I love swimming.

That's a framer right there!  Love it, love it, love it.  Side note, thanks Geo for letting your wife spend days and nights with me.  I just love my sisters so much.
Amy and Jon had a small layover coming back from a Mexican cruise and I was able to see them.  It had been literally years so every second was precious.  I am so glad she let me know they were coming.  This was the first time meeting Charlotte and she hadn't seen Thomas since he was about 10 months old.  Can't wait to meet their kids some day. 

We got to feed the ducks and had a special visit from a whole ton of turtles.  Who knows what you call a bunch of turtles?  A pack, a colony, a herd?  Any guesses! Let me know.  I guess this is a google moment.

Thanks to being quarantined with the throw-ups we made our own fun in the backyard.  

Grandma's house is always such fun.  What a great trip.

Char L-O-V-E-D the water, we hit up 2 different splash pads and a pool.  She's a fish. 
I was so glad Kat came into town and I could meet her two little cuties. 

All's were missing is Porter, but this is a fun picture to have.
Girls just wanna have fun, and that they did, this was taking a time out from Uncle Spencer and his antics.  The kids always gravitate towards their fun Uncle.

2 comments:

Nate and Jenny said...

You did a great job posting all the highlights of the trip. It was so much fun to spend time with you and your sweet kiddos. My girls are still talking about Thomas! We miss you! We hope another fun trip happens real soon! Great pictures!

Danielle Haws said...

It looks like you had a great time while you were here. Sorry I missed you.